Charles L. Brewer Distinguished Teaching of Psychology Award
The Charles L. Brewer Distinguished Teaching of Psychology Award recognizes significant career contributions of a psychologist who has a proven track record as an exceptional teacher of psychology. The recipient of this award will receive a $2,000 award, a $1,000 travel stipend and round-trip airfare to the 2018 APA convention, a plaque presented at the APA convention, and will be invited to give a special address at the APA convention.
Nominees should demonstrate and will be rated on the following dimensions:
- Have demonstrated achievement related to the teaching of psychology
- Exemplary performance as a classroom teacher
- Development of innovative curricula and courses
- Development of effective teaching methods and/or materials
- Teaching of advanced research methods and practice in psychology
- Administrative facilitation of teaching
- Research on teaching
- Training of teachers of psychology
- Evidence of influence as a teacher of students who become psychologists
See the APA website for more information http://www.apa.org/apf/funding/brewer.aspx
Click here to apply for this grant: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=apa&
The deadline for applications is December 1, 2017.