Up to $5,000 for work in stigma related to mental illness.
The 2018 APF Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship supports graduate-level scholarly projects that use a psychological perspective to help understand and reduce stigma associated with mental illness. The scholarship helps address research which shows that stigma is a significant barrier to treatment and recovery for many of the 50 million Americans living with mental illness.
- Graduate student in good standing at an accredited university
- Demonstrated commitment to stigma issues.
- Description of proposed project to include goal, relevant background, target population, methods, and anticipated outcomes (format: 5 pages; 1-inch margins, no smaller than 11-point font, single-spaced).
- Detailed budget and justification.
- CV, 5 pages max.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor.
See the website for more information http://www.apa.org/apf/funding/franks.aspx
To apply for the Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship, click here: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=apa&
The deadline for applications is May 15, 2018