These are some of the recent news articles that have mentioned Dr. Angeline Lillard’s Hartford study and the upcoming longitudinal efficacy study of the Montessori preschool model.
1. The 'Montessori Mafia': Why Tech Titans Like Jeff Bezos Support the Model, Education Week
Angeline Lillard, a professor of psychology at the University of Virginia, studied public Montessori programs in Milwaukee and in Hartford, Conn.
2. An op-ed calls out UVA and the Hartford study: Jeff Bezos and the Trap of the Charitable-Industrial Complex
3. This article has an anonymous link to the Hartford study: Jeff Bezos Cites a Big Number, but Few Details, in Plan for Low-Income Montessori Preschools.
4. Dr. Angeline Lillard was interviewed by Michele Molnar, Associate Editor of EdWeek Market Brief: Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Announces $2 Billion Philanthropic Fund for Preschools, Homeless Families.
Following are Dr. Vikram Jaswal’s recent articles.
1. Dr. Vikram Jaswal’s op-ed piece challenging dogmas about autistic people’s social interactions was posted in New York Times: How to Meet Autistic People Halfway.
2. Challenging assumptions about social motivation in autism: Autism study examines why behaviors are misinterpreted.
3. Story in UVA Today: Autistic People Do Want To Socialize, They May Just Show It Differently.