Frequently Asked Questions by Presenters
1) What presentation A/V equipment is provided by SRCD in each room? Laptops are not provided; you must bring your own.
- Poster Sessions: no A/V is provided or needed. Please see questions #3, 4 and 5 below. All individual posters displayed in these sessions will be presented on standard 8' wide x 4' tall poster boards.
- Paper Symposia and Workshops: One LCD projector (PC compatible; bring adapter for connector cord if using a Mac laptop or have a relatively new laptop), a screen, sound and a microphone will be available in your presentation room. SRCD does not provide laptops. Any additional A/V equipment needed for your presentation must be reserved and paid for by you. Please read this important information if you have a relatively new laptop: Adaptors for Laptops. To avoid any technical issues, please bring your own adaptor if you have either a Mac or a newer laptop.
2) How long should my presentation be?
- Poster Presentation: displayed in 90-minute sessions.
- Paper Symposium: 90 minutes; at least 30 minutes must be set aside for discussion with the audience as part of the symposium.
- Workshop: 90 minutes; the audience must be given the opportunity to raise questions/issues.
3) What size are the poster boards?
SRCD provides a poster board that is 8 ft. (2.4 meters) wide and 4 ft. (1.2 meters) high, with a 2-inch (2.4 centimeters) frame all around and mounted on a 4 ft. (1.2 meters) stand. This poster board space is devoted to one poster presentation; the actual poster size is at the discretion of the presenter but may be no larger than the allotted space.
4) How do I hang my poster?
SRCD provides push pins on site with which to hang your poster on the poster board.
5) When should I put my poster up and take it down?
Mount your poster on the designated board during the 15 minutes immediately preceding the start of the scheduled poster session. Your poster must be removed promptly at the end of the session, so that the poster for the next session can be hung on the poster board. Please take your poster and any additional items with you when you leave the poster area.