Job Opportunity: Membership Associate
The Membership Associate will be part of a small membership team dedicated to developing value propositions and analyses of membership statistics for SRCD. They will support the membership by providing support and communication that are clear and accessible using a variety of communications platforms in collaboration with the Communications Team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Reports to the Membership Manager.
- Assists the timeline delivery of member services, materials and reports.
- Supports the annual membership renewal cycle.
- Responds to inquiries from members and nonmembers on association activities and programs.
- Assist with the development of membership outreach, growth, and retention campaigns.
- Assists in membership marketing efforts to drive engagement in SRCD program offerings.
- Prepares and updates process documentation for governance groups.
- Creates and manages the nominations, elections, and awards processes in membership database.
- Reviews SRCD’s website for membership information and ensure it is accurate and current.
- Provides administrative support for various SRCD committees.
- Updating and troubleshooting SRCD Commons/Online Community pages to manage content and access for a variety of audiences (members/public/special interest groups).
- Other duties as needed to support the SRCD membership.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience in non-profit membership preferred
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of membership databases, Higher Logic, and email marketing systems
To apply, please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: Washington DC
- Type: Full Time
- Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
- Salary: $44,000 - 54,000
Additional Information: SRCD offers an attractive benefits package which includes: health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy. Telecommuting is allowed.
The Society for Research in Child Development is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.