Job Opportunity: Senior Communications Associate / Communications Associate
The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is one of the world’s leading authorities in the field of child development. Our mission is to advance developmental science and promote its use to improve human lives. We are seeking a media-savvy, detail-oriented self-starter to serve as Senior Communications Associate or Communications Associate (role will commensurate with qualifications and experience).
Responsibilities: The Senior Communications Associate / Communications Associate will be part of a small communications team dedicated to increasing the visibility and impact of SRCD. Frequent focus areas include media relations, media monitoring, digital content development, newsletters, public relations, and cross-team collaborative projects. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Compose, edit, and proofread SRCD messaging and marketing materials with other members of communications team.
- Write articles for a monthly e-newsletter.
- Collaborate with internal SRCD teams in developing website content and messaging for programming and awards
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Associate on content for social media channels, create content, and execute strategic campaigns and provide timely strategic guidance.
- Assist in communications efforts related to marketing SRCD’s cornerstone events such as the Biennial and Special Topics Meetings/Workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Identify and develop opportunities for media coverage of SRCD materials, members, leadership, announcements, and initiatives.
- Ensure SRCD protects and promotes its image to the media in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and broader community.
- Prepare media reports and other information to highlight media placements.
- Strategize for -- and oversee -- press at SRCD events, including a major biennial conference.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly (with SRCD Leadership).
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Comfort working in and/or learning various digital environments and platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle several projects at once and work well under tight deadlines.
- Experience developing and implementing media strategy and tactics,
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- A friendly, approachable and confident manner.
- A flexible and committed approach to the job.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. SRCD offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy.
To Apply: Interested persons should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter.
The Society for Research in Child Development is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.