Job Opportunity: Senior Science Associate
The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is seeking a motivated and organized individual to serve as a Senior Science Associate. The Senior Science Associate will be part of a small team dedicated to supporting and enhancing the research of our members and the scientific study of child development. The position reports directly to the Director for Science Affairs to implement and support programs, committees and task forces, to correspond with internal and external stakeholders, and to produce summaries and reports. The ideal candidate is a self-starter possessing strong communications and organizational skills, proficiency with data organization and representation, and familiarity with child development research.
Support programs and day-to-day activities of the SRCD Science team including:
- Work with Director for Science Affairs to design and implement initiatives to support scientific communication and engagement among members.
- Analyze, review, and report internally and externally on effectiveness of scientific initiatives, programs, journals, and events.
- Organize submission sites for and coordinate reviews of applications, awards nominations, leadership nominations, and project proposals. Keep careful records. Communicate decisions, field questions, and track deadlines.
- Act as liaison between the Society staff and member governance committees. Attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Act as liaison between the Society and members at large on scientific initiatives. Assist with setting up member-led programs as needed.
- Facilitate dissemination of scientific evidence to diverse audiences
- Partner on projects with the Communications, Policy, and Meetings teams as appropriate.
- Represent SRCD at scientific and government meetings. Prepare summaries of meetings and follow up on actionable items.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree (in Psychology, Education or a related discipline). Research and/or academic experience in developmental psychology is a plus.
- Some program or research management experience in an association, scientific society, agency, or academic institution is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral language skills. Background in science communication is a plus.
- Experience with or willingness to develop grant writing skills.
- Competency in data organization and descriptive analysis (e.g., creating tables and charts summarizing quantitative information).
- Superior time management and an ability to prioritize.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Facility with MS Office applications.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. SRCD offers an attractive benefits package which includes: health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy. Some telecommuting may be allowed.
To apply, please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2022.
The Society for Research in Child Development is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.