Job Opportunity: SRCD Digital Marketing Specialist
The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is one of the world’s leading authorities in the field of child development. Our mission is to advance the developmental sciences and promote the use of developmental research to improve human lives. We are seeking a technology-savvy, detail-oriented, energetic individual to serve as our Digital Marketing Specialist.
Responsibilities: The Digital Marketing Specialist will be part of a small communications team dedicated to increasing the visibility and impact of SRCD. They will support integrated digital communications built around SRCD’s website, social media strategies, digital campaigns, and other components of our outreach programs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter possessing strong digital communications and organizational skills, creativity, and an attention to detail. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Develop high-level, relevant content to reach SRCD’s target audience(s).
- Create, curate, and manage all published content, including paid and unpaid promotions and/or marketing campaigns.
- Monitor, listen, and (with team members) respond to users in a timely fashion and in way that maintains SRCD’s ‘voice.’
- Develop and expand the SRCD online reputation and influencer-outreach efforts.
- Monitor general trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Maintain SRCD’s public-facing website and subdomains.
- Serve as liaison between SRCD and website-related vendors.
- Assist in communications and marketing efforts related to SRCD webinars, virtual meetings, and in-person events.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of digital campaigns.
- Analyze key social media and website metrics and tweak strategy as needed in an effort to maximize results.
- Translate and report anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising content marketing and SEO for website, email, and social media campaigns.
- Coordinate design of digital presence, (i.e. social media branding, website UX updates, email readability, etc.).
- Layout, design, and produce various marketing collateral (i.e., email templates, flyers, infographics, videos, event promotions, etc.).
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in communications and digital environments or equivalent experience in volunteer environments.
- Displays an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.), and how each platform might be best utilized in different scenarios),
- Excellent writing and language skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Knowledge of Drupal, MailChimp, NOAH, Higher Logic, Sprout Social, and/or WordPress a plus.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Interest in / or knowledge of research and child development a plus.
Compensation: Salary range $55k-$64k, commensurate with qualifications and experience. SRCD offers an attractive benefits package which includes health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, links to any relevant collateral material, and three references to:
ATTN: Digital Marketing Specialist
- No phone calls please.
The Society for Research in Child Development is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.