SRCD Federal Policy Fellowship Program
There are currently two types of federal fellowships: SRCD Congressional Policy Fellowship and SRCD Executive Branch Policy Fellowship. Both fellowships provide opportunities for researchers to come to Washington, D.C. to learn about policy development, implementation and evaluation and to use developmental science outside of the academic setting to inform public policy. These fellowships are open to individuals with a doctorate from any discipline relevant to child development. We welcome applications from early, mid-career, and advanced professionals. This fellowship will help developmental scientists at all career stages understand the linkages between research and policy, how to communicate more effectively with policymakers, and how to formulate more informed and useful questions for policy-related research.
Goals of the Federal Fellowship Program
- To contribute to the effective use of scientific knowledge about child development in the formation, implementation, and evaluation of public policy.
- To educate the scientific community about the development of public policy.
- To establish a more effective liaison between developmental scientists and the federal policy-making mechanisms.
- About the Fellowships
- Applying to the Federal Fellowships
- Federal Fellowship FAQs
- Learn About Current and Former Federal Fellows
- Call for Applications: 2019-2020 SRCD Policy Fellowships [Download the PDF]
- Congratulations 2017-2018 SRCD Federal Policy Fellows