SRCD U.S. Policy Fellowship Programs
The SRCD Federal Policy Fellowship Program includes two types of fellowships, the Congressional Policy Fellowship and the Executive Branch Policy Fellowship. The SRCD State Policy Fellowship Program includes the State Policy Post-doctoral Fellowship.
The deadline to apply for the 2023-2034 SRCD U.S. Federal Policy Fellowship and the U.S. State Policy Post-doctoral Fellowship has passed. You can learn more about the fellowships below:
Why Become a SRCD Policy Fellow?
- To understand the linkages between research and policy through an immersion experience
- Engage in the policymaking process
- Learn how developmental science can be utilized to improve policy development, implementation, and evaluation
- Use research to inform federally-funded programs and policies that serve diverse populations
- Learn how to communicate effectively with policymakers and other stakeholders
- Further expand your career opportunities and network
- Learn how to formulate more informed and useful questions for policy-related research
- Strengthen your skill sets with professional development opportunities
I am greatly appreciative of the incredible learning opportunity that the SRCD Policy Fellowship has provided. It has given me a platform to apply my training as a developmental psychologist to the very policy-relevant work that is being conducted on a federal level to improve early childhood systems nationwide.
Where can I learn more and how do I apply?
- SRCD Federal Policy Fellowship Program
The deadline to apply for the 2023-2034 SRCD U.S. Federal Policy Fellowship has now passed. Read more about the Federal Policy Fellowship application process and the required submission materials.
- SRCD State Policy Fellowship Program
The deadline to apply for the 2023-2024 SRCD State Policy Post-doctoral Fellowship Programs is January 23, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern. Read more about the State Policy Post-doctoral Fellowship application process and the required submission materials.
Previous fellows found it helpful to speak with former fellows about the application process and/or their fellowship experiences. We recommend you reach out to former fellows that you may know in your own extended network. If you’d like to reach out to a former fellow outside your network, you can also view this list of previous SRCD Policy Fellows. Alternatively, you can contact email@example.com to set up a connection with a former fellow.
What Can I Expect From the Fellowship Experience?
The SRCD Federal Policy Fellowship Program began in 1978 with congressional placements. In 1991, the fellowship program added placements in federal executive branch agencies. The SRCD State Policy Fellowship began recently in 2017. To date, there is a network of approximately 200 fellowship alumni. Each year, we ask SRCD Policy Fellows to write a reflection of their experiences in the program. Read first-hand accounts of the policy work to which our fellows are contributing.
Policy Fellowship Experience 2022 - 2023 SRCD Policy Fellows
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-800-0666.