New Webinars Now Available on SRCD's YouTube Channel
The University-Based Child and Family Policy (CFP) Consortium, in collaboration with SRCD, has produced a number of webinars. Webinars are available on SRCD's YouTube channel and cover a range of topics that will interest SRCD members. They are:
- About the CFP Consortium, Featuring a Special Set of Presentations on Expulsion and Suspension Policies in Early Childhood. This webinar was hosted by Dr. Barbara Fiese (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and featured presentations by Dr. Walter Gilliam (Yale University) and Dr. Oscar Barbarin (University of Maryland-College Park).
- Strategies for Identifying and Acting on Opportunities for Student Engagement on Policy Issues. This webinar was hosted by Jenni Owen (Duke University) and featured the following speakers: Dr. Cynthia Osborne (University of Texas at Austin), Dr. Sara Langworthy (University of Minnesota), and Anna Colaner (University of Illinois at Chicago).
- The Job You Want: Paths to Academic and Non-Academic Careers. This webinar was hosted by Anna Johnson (Georgetown University) and featured the following speakers: Dr. Erin Bumgarner (Abt Associates), Dr. Terri Sabol (Northwestern University), and Dr. Lindsey Hutchison (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services).
- Dissertation Funding for Child and Family Policy Researchers. This webinar was hosted by Dr. Rebecca Ryan (Georgetown University) and included the following speakers: Dr. Nina Philipsen Hetzner (Administration for Children and Families), Dr. James Griffin (Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development), Dr. George Wimberly (American Educational Research Association), Anna Markowitz (Georgetown University), Alejandra Roz Pilarz (University of Chicago), and Mariah Contreras (Tufts University).
- The Biological Embedding of Child Abuse, and Implications for Policy and Practice: This webinar was moderated by Drs. Cheryl Boyce and Valerie Maholmes from the National Institutes of Health. Drs. Seth Pollak (University of Wisconsin - Madison) and Sara Jaffee (University of Pennsylvania) served as presenters, drawing from their work as recently published in Child Development and the Social Policy Report, respectively. Dr. Caitlin McPherran Lombardi (Boston College) organized the webinar.
- International Perspectives on Home Visiting: This webinar was moderated by Dr. Joan Lombardi and featured presentations by Dr. Jon Korfmacher (Erikson Institute) and Dr. Kim Boller (Mathematica Policy Research). Dr. Kyle DeMeo Cook (Boston College) organized the webinar.
- About the CFP Consortium and the CWELC: This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Barbara Fiese (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), the CFP Consortium Steering Committee Chair, who discussed the history, accomplishments, and current activities of the Consortium. The webinar also featured a presentation by Dr. Sara Langworthy (University of Minnesota), Angela Mendell (Bladen County School System, North Carolina), and Kevin Walsh (Illinois Department of Family Services) who shared information on the Child Welfare and Education Learning Community (CWELC), a project that grew out of the Consortium.
SRCD regularly announces upcoming webinars through the SRCD e-news. Stay tuned for information on how you can attend.