Call for Applications: Research Mentoring Workshop - an SRCD Preconference at SRA2020
SRCD is inviting applicants for a preconference workshop on mentoring for equity and inclusion and building diverse leadership in academia on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 in conjunction with the Society for Research on Adolescence (SRA) Biennial Meeting. The workshop will consist of a morning, half-day research mentor training session led by staff from the Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER). The workshop will focus on:
- Building capacity for research mentoring;
- Developing and studying new approaches and resources for advancing mentoring relationships;
- Promoting cultural change that values excellence in research mentoring;
- Building a network of mentors, mentees, and those engaged in enhancing and studying research mentoring relationships; and
- Advancing diversity in the research enterprise.
Workshop attendance is limited to 25 people. There is no cost to participate in the workshop. The application asks for a brief (paragraph) statement of interest and qualifications. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis and will be notified beginning Friday, January 31, 2020. The application site will remain open as long as space in the workshop is available.
This event is supported by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.