Call for Volunteer Reviewers for SRCD 2021 Submitted Program
SRCD will rely on a large team of volunteer reviewers from across multiple disciplines to evaluate submissions for the 2021 Biennial Meeting on April 7 – 9. We project that we will need over 800 scholars with expertise in all areas of child development for this submitted program. The intellectual reputation and research strength of the SRCD Biennial Meeting is derived in part from the rigor of our blind, peer review process. Each submission will be reviewed by a minimum of two (2) reviewers. Reviewers will be assigned 12-15 submissions by the review panel for which they volunteer. Reviewers will receive their assignments by October 20, 2020 and must complete their reviews by November 3, 2020.
We expect to begin assigning volunteers to review panels by the end of July. If selected, you will receive an invitation via email. Please be sure to either “accept” or “decline” the invitation.
Guidelines for potential reviewers:
- All reviewing will be done online, so you will need to have access to the internet and be available from October 20 through November 3, 2020.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree is required to volunteer to review.
- Reviewers may volunteer for only one panel. View the complete list of panels/topics for 2021.
- The number of reviewers needed is dependent on the number of submissions to a panel. Therefore, not all volunteers may be invited to serve on a panel.
How to Volunteer:
- Log in or create an account on SRCD’s website.
- Update your research area expertise by reviewing or completing your demographics information. This information will assist panel chairs in assigning submissions to appropriate experts.
- After you’ve updated your demographics, return to your account profile and select “Access Biennial Meeting Submission Portal” which can be found under Meeting Information in the Account Actions menu.
- Click “Volunteer to Review” and complete the form.
Mentor – Student/Early Career Review Pairs - optional:
SRCD members may wish to pair with a Student or Early Career member as a mentor/mentee review pair in order to give their students an opportunity to participate in the review process.
A Mentor must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and be either
- A current Professional Member of SRCD, or
- A current Early Career Member of SRCD who is 3-5 years post-doctorate
A Mentee paired with a Mentor may be either
- A current Graduate Student Member of SRCD, or
- A current Early Career Member of SRCD who is less than 3 years post-doctorate
To apply as a review pair, Mentors will fill out the Volunteer Reviewer form as stated above, and will be asked for their mentee’s information. Mentees do not need to fill out a separate Volunteer Reviewer form. Mentors will complete the form on behalf of their mentee. Once a mentor has been invited and agreed to serve on a panel, their mentee will be sent an invitation by the SRCD Program Office. Both mentors and mentees must be SRCD members. Please review the Mentor/Mentee Procedures and Guidelines for more information.
Questions? Email the SRCD Program Office at email@example.com.