May 2020 U.S. Federal Funding Opportunities
The May 2020 FFO lists over 100 funding opportunities for research, evaluation, and dissemination, including multiple highlighted funding opportunities.
(1) CDC: Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences Data to Action. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces a notice of funding opportunity designed to address state-specific needs related to the prevention of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). Applications are due by July 13, 2020.
(2) ED: CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. The U.S. Department of Education is providing emergency relief funding provided by the CARES Act for institutions of higher education. Applications must be submitted by August 1, 2020.
(3) ED: Education Research and Special Education Research Grant Programs. The Institute of Education Sciences (IES) is announcing eight research competitions in the following areas: Education and special education research; education and special education research training; education research and development centers; National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) process data; and systematic replication in education and special education. Applications are due by August 20, 2020.
(4) NIDA: Substance Use/Substance Use Disorder Dissertation Research Award. The goal of this funding opportunity is to support doctoral candidates from a variety of academic disciplines for up to two years for the completion of the doctoral dissertation research project. Research projects should align with the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) funding priorities or within the NIDA Strategic Plan. Applications are due by June 16, 2020.
(5) NIH: Director’s New Innovator Award Program. The NIH Director’s New Innovator Award Program supports early stage investigators of exceptional creativity who propose highly innovative research projects with the potential to produce a major impact on broad, important areas relevant to the mission of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Applications are due by August 21, 2020.