New Webinars Now Available on SRCD's YouTube Channel
The University-Based Child and Family Policy (CFP) Consortium, in collaboration with SRCD, has produced a number of webinars. Webinars are available on SRCD's YouTube channel and cover a range of topics that will interest SRCD members. They are:
- Looking at Latino Families’ Access to Early Care and Education Through Multiple Dimensions, May 23, 2018. This webinar featured presentations by Lina Guzman, Danielle Crosby, and Michael Lopez from the National Research Center on Hispanic Children and Families, and discussion from Yvette Sanchez Fuentes of Child Care Aware.
- Coding as a Developmental Playground: Computational Thinking and Robotics in Early Childhood, May 3, 2018. This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Marina Umaschi Bers of the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development and the Computer Science Department at Tufts University.
- Bridging Research and Policy – Insights from American Association for the Advancement of Science Congressional Fellows, April 9, 2018. This webinar featured presentations by the following former AAAS Congressional Fellows: Emily M. Douglas, Ph.D., Elizabeth Day, Ph.D., Rashmi Nair, Ph.D., and Catherine Paolucci, Ed.D.
- Environmental Influences on Children’s Health and Development, February 14, 2018. This webinar featured presentations by Barbara Fiese, Ph.D. and Brenda Koester of the Family Resiliency Center at the University of Illinois, and Susan Buchanan, MD of the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Harnessing Behavioral Economic Insights to Optimize the Impact of Early Childhood Interventions, October 26, 2017. This webinar featured presentations by Zoelene Hill and Michelle Spiegel of the beELL initiative at New York University's Institute of Human Development and Social Change.
- The Early Development Instrument - The Village that Raises a Child, September 20, 2017. This webinar featured presentations by Jaclyn Vasquez, Cristina Pacione-Zayas, and Mark Nagasawa of the the Erikson Institute.
- What We Know About the Effects of Pre-K: Six Consensus Statements From a Group of Leading Researchers, June 7, 2017. This webinar featured presentations by Dr. Kenneth Dodge, Duke University, Dr. Deborah Phillips, Georgetown University, and Dr. Ron Haskins, Brookings Institution.
- Excellence for All Children: Addressing Issues of Equity and Culture in Teaching, May 4, 2017. This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Stephanie Curenton, Boston University, and was moderated by Dr. Iheoma Iruka, University of Nebraska.
- Parenting Matters: Supporting Parents of Children Ages 0-8, April 26, 2017. This webinar featured presentations by Dr. Kimberly Boller, Mathematica Policy Research, Dr. Natasha Cabrera, University of Maryland, and Dr. Eric Dearing, Boston College. It was moderated by Dr. Caitlin McPherran Lombardi, University of Connecticut.
- Teaching Race to Children and Adolescents, March 13, 2017. This webinar featured presentations by Dr. Howard Stevenson, University of Pennsylvania, and Dr. Diane Hughes, New York University. It was moderated by Dr. Oscar Barbarin, University of Maryland.
- The Potential of Universal Strategies – Innovative Ways to Reach the Most Vulnerable Children, February 15, 2017. This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Deborah Daro, Chapin Hall, and was moderated by Dr. Iheoma Iruka, University of Nebraska.
- Family Engagement and Partnerships in Rural Communities: Challenges and Benefits in Early Intervention, January 26, 2017. This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Susan Sheridan, University of Nebraska, and was moderated by Dr. Iheoma Iruka, University of Nebraska.
- Housing and Children’s Development: Research and Policy Considerations, September 30, 2016. This webinar featured presentations by Dr. Tama Leventhal, Tufts University, Dr. Sandra Newman, Johns Hopkins University, and Dr. Iheoma Iruka, University of Nebraska.
SRCD regularly announces upcoming webinars through the SRCD e-news and our website homepage. Stay tuned for information on how you can attend.