SRCD Welcomes an Expanded Anti-Racism Taskforce
SRCD is pleased to announce the newly expanded Anti-Racism Taskforce. New members were appointed by President Nancy Hill after a member-wide call for self-nominations.
The Anti-Racism Taskforce includes current Governing Council members Sara DeMartini, California State University, Chico; Stephanie Rowley, University of Virginia; and Eleanor Seaton, Arizona State University. New members include:
- Alaina Brenick, University of Connecticut
- Margaret Caughy, University of Georgia
- Taylor Hazelbaker, The College of St. Scholastica
- Diane Hughes, New York University
- Olga Kornienko, George Mason University
- Isha W. Metzger, Georgia State University
- Ursula Moffitt, Wheaton College
- Tennisha N. Riley, Indiana University
- Leoandra Onnie Rogers, Northwestern University
- Brendesha Tynes, University of Southern California
The taskforce is charged with evaluating policies and procedures; developing systems to track our progress; and addressing the role of power dynamics. It will complete its work early this fall. An update will be provided to the membership at the SRCD 2023 Biennial Meeting. SRCD Staff Liaisons are Suzanne Le Menestrel and Roman McNeil. For questions about the Anti-Racism Taskforce, please contact Dr. Le Menestrel at firstname.lastname@example.org.