Creating Co-Regulation Supports for Adolescents: What, Why, and How
During this webinar, speakers presented a co-regulation model for adolescents that was developed based on cross-disciplinary theory and literature reviews.The initial work on this model was supported by the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) through the creation of the Self-Regulation and Toxic Stress Series.
- provided ACF’s rationale for this work;
- described the co-regulation model and how it can be translated into specific actions; and
- addressed how co-regulation approaches are similar to and differ from parent education and therapy programs, how they can be integrated into existing programs, and how they can promote wellbeing on a public health scale.
- Desiree Murray, Senior Research Scientist, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Aleta Meyer, Team Lead, Division of Family Strengthening, Office of Planning Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families
- Aly Frei, Project Director, Public Strategies