So You Want to Do a Podcast? - Webinar
Join three SRCD members who have created or host their own podcasts to learn more about this popular way to communicate and translate research to a broad audience.
- Podcast: Vida de PhD
- Focused on being brown in a non-academic world.
- Podcast: Black & EMPOWERED
- Highlights Black excellence, talks about the science of physical, mental, and behavioral health, and interviews experts in the field of racial trauma and racial socialization.
Dr. Valerie Adams-Bass, co-host with Dr. Sheretta Butler-Barnes:
- Podcast: Raising Joyful and Resilient Black Children
- Conversations with experts and parents to explore what it means to raise healthy and thriving Black children, bridge conversations from parenting to child wellbeing and social justice and provide research-based resources and tools for parents.
Participants will learn the impetus behind creating these podcasts; what it is really like behind the scenes; lessons learned from creating, producing, hosting, and marketing a podcast; and advice for other developmental scientists who have been thinking of creating or hosting their own podcast.