April 2020 U.S. Federal Funding Opportunities
The April 2020 FFO lists over 100 funding opportunities for research, evaluation, and dissemination, including multiple highlighted funding opportunities.
(1) Four National Institutes of Health (NIH) Notices of Special Interest (NOSI) for research on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse;
- National Institute of Mental Health;
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities; and
- Varying NIH Institutes/Centers with focus on social and behavioral sciences research.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the expiration date, which varies by NOSI.
(2) Two Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) funding opportunities to support dissertation research by advanced graduate students who are working:
- in partnership with Head Start programs (Head Start Dissertation Grants; applications due by June 5, 2020), or
- on child care policy issues in partnership with a Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) agency or administrator (Child Care Dissertation Grants; applications due by June 4, 2020).
(3) Institute of Education Sciences (IES) funding opportunity: (a) Statistical and Research Methodology in Education grant program, which is intended to support the development of a wide range of methodological and statistical tools to better enable applied education scientists to conduct rigorous education research. (b) Using Longitudinal Data to Support State Education Policymaking grant program, which is intended to expand the research use of State Longitudinal Data Systems to examine long-term learner outcomes and pathways in order to provide evidence for State education policymaking. Applications are due by June 30, 2020.