Call for Submissions: 2020 Small Grants Program for Early Career Scholars
February 3, 2020, 11:59pm ET
SRCD’s third annual Small Grants Program for Early Career Scholars is now accepting submissions. These small grants are available to support pilot or small-scale research projects by early career scholars (no more than five years since completion of terminal degree).
The years immediately following completion of the terminal degree are critical for scholars launching their own independent program of research. However, availability of funding to initiate exploratory, pilot, or extension research on which a new research program can build, varies depending on the position and institution of the researcher.
- One facet of SRCD’s Strategic Plan is capacity building—supporting the next generation of scholars is fundamental to building capacity for the future of developmental science.
- The Small Grants Program for Early Career Scholars launched in 2018 and, along with SRCD’s Dissertation funding awards, reflects SRCD’s commitment to supporting the scholarship of tomorrow’s leaders.
Grants of up to $7,500 USD are available on a competitive basis for research projects conducted by SRCD Early Career Members who completed their degrees in the past five years, regardless of their appointment, institution or country of residence.
The funding priorities for these grants include a proposed project that:
- Exemplifies exceptional scientific merit,
- Will contribute to the applicant’s competitiveness for external funding and/or career advancement, and
- Furthers SRCD’s strategic goals.
To learn more about eligibility and to start your application, visit the Small Grants Program page.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.