Code of Conduct and Compliance Agreement
We ask that all attendees of SRCD events be mindful of inclusivity and respect for persons in their conduct and when preparing presentations, making every effort to frame discussions as openly and inclusively as possible. SRCD expects that all participants will be considerate and respectful in language and behavior and communicate professionally and constructively, in person and virtually.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are prohibited:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person for any reason
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information
- Personal insults, particularly those related to the above-mentioned identities and characteristics
- Inappropriate, unwelcome, or non-consensual photography or recording
- Inappropriate, unwelcome, or non-consensual physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention including sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate or unwelcome touching, and unwelcome sexual advances
- Deliberate intimidation, threats of retaliation for rebuffing advances, stalking or unwelcome following (online or in person)
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations, for any reason
Individuals who have observed or experienced harassment at an SRCD event in violation of this Code of Conduct should promptly report it via the method publicized at the meeting.
This code of conduct is not intended to limit the terms of open and respectful scientific inquiry or discussion.