Call for Nominations: SRCD Anti-Racism Task Force
SRCD launched the Anti-Racism Task Force in 2021 to evaluate SRCD’s current policies and operations related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Since its formation, Anti-Racism Principles have been drafted as a major deliverable in fostering a more diverse culture from within the Society. SRCD is now in the second phase of this work to develop an implementation plan and is seeking to expand the Task Force to help lead the process to create a more inclusive Society.
The task force carries out their charge in three main segments:
- Evaluating policies and procedures: Taking a critical look at SRCD's existing policies and operations to identify ways to ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is deeply embedded in our work as an organization moving forward.
- Developing systems to track our progress: Ensuring that the improvements and progress made are measurable and endure into the future.
- Addressing the role of power dynamics: Identifying how prestige and influence affect decision-making in ways that promote the status quo and marginalize and privilege people based on their racial background, and creating solutions to foster equity and inclusion.
Self or other nominations will be accepted. Nominees must be SRCD members in good standing. Task Force members will be asked to dedicate approximately 2-4 hours per month although time commitments may vary.
All nominations must be submitted through the SRCD Anti-Racism Task Force portal by December 2, 2022. For a self-nomination, please include a CV. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please submit the nominee’s name and their CV. If their CV is not available for upload, please provide an accompanying link to the nominee’s professional web page, if available.
How to use the Nomination site
- To begin a nomination, click on the link, “To start a new Nomination, please click here.” A pop-up search box will appear.
- In the pop-up box, search for the person you wish to nominate by their first or last name. The search results will appear below the search fields. Click the “Select” button next to the person’s name.
NOTE: If the name of the person you wish to nominate does not appear in the search results—or if no records are displayed—please email firstname.lastname@example.org to troubleshoot.
- After selecting the name of your nominee, you will be taken to a nomination form, with the nominee’s name at the top of the page.
- Complete and submit the nomination form.
- Once you have submitted a nomination, you will see it listed in the “Edit Submission(s)” tab.
- If you wish to make changes to your submitted nomination, click the paper and pen icon next to the name of the nominee whose nomination you’d like to update. Changes can be made at any time up until the nomination deadline (December 2, 2022). Make sure to click “Submit and Review” to record all changes! To submit more than one nomination, select the “Submission” tab at the top of the page and follow Steps 1-5 to create an additional nomination. You may repeat this process as many times as you’d like!
NOTE: When starting an additional nomination, you will likely see the information from the previous nomination you submitted in the form fields. That is okay. The submission fields are not cleared when starting a new nomination, but your previous nomination was saved and recorded when you clicked “Submit and Review.” All of your completed nominations will appear in the “Edit Submission(s)” tab.
Please send inquiries regarding the nomination site to email@example.com
Nominations are due by December 2, 2022 by 11:59pm Eastern. The SRCD Executive and Science Team will review applicants and select 6 nominees for the Task Force. All applicants will be contacted with decisions by mid-December.