SRCD Anti-Racist Developmental Science Summit Travel Awards
The application deadline for travel awards is December 6, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
SRCD will be giving out a limited number of $500 travel awards for the SRCD Anti-Racist Developmental Science Summit.
Preference will be given to applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups in the developmental sciences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation, first-generation college status, and disability status.
- Applicants must be either:
- Current undergraduate students (or within 5 years of receiving their bachelor's degree and holding a post-baccalaureate position)
- Graduate students
- Or early-career (within 5 years of receiving their MA, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree.
- Applicants must be committed to submitting an application to present at “Toward an Anti-Racist Developmental Science Summit.” Preference will be given to first authors on accepted symposiums, papers, or poster presentations.
- SRCD membership is not required to apply, but awardees must be a member of SRCD at the time of the meeting in May, or else they will not be eligible to receive their award.
- Awardees are required to stay in the SRCD-contracted hotel block. Sharing rooms is permitted, but you must be able to present a receipt of your room stay with all guests listed on the hotel invoice.
- Awards will be given out as reimbursement after the meeting. There will be timed electronic check-in slots during the meeting. Failure to check in electronically during these times will result in your travel award being revoked.
A note on applying: SRCD’s awards management platform has changed. If you have not created an account as of August 2023, please use the link below to create a new account before completing the application. If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.